Sunday 15 January 2012

fuming!!

So I finally got my reports back from the authorities. As usual, it was full of their usual crap. I was pleased at one point of it though. It said that the best course of action for me would be to go into a rehab centre for some intensive physio for a period of 6 to 12 weeks. I was really excited. This is what I had been fighting for. For over a year. Finally, I had some luck, finally, I was going to get therapy. I needed.

I had to go and visit the centre, that I would be staying in. It was not too far from where I live. It seemed okay first of all, very clean and roomy. I met with the ladies, who were leading the meeting with me and who wear to answer any questions that I may have about the facility. My first question was how much therapy, I would be receiving in a week. I got told it would be three physiotherapy sessions. This was a bit disappointing, as I had hoped it would be five. My next question was, if I would be allowed to come home at weekends. I got told that I wouldn't be able to do that, as I would need to be ''monitered'' at the weekends. And also, as I would need to bring my own bed with me. It would be too awkward for me to go home. This seemed really odd to me. My following question was to if there was Internet access available. I got told that there was thought that I would be supervised by them. If I wanted to use it. This seemed awfully strange. I asked about visiting and if I would be allowed to go out. I got told visiting hours way between six and eight, and that they would not be allowed to go out. When I wanted. this place seemed like a prison. The penny then dropped. It was not a nursing home at all, but it was a nursing home for people with learning difficulties. I can't believe they wanted to put me in a place like this. I'm so upset about it and I'm definitely turning it down. Hopefully, somehow, I will be able to get physiotherapy, and I will be able to go to an actual rehabilitation centre. Fingers crossed eh, I've got some more meetings this week, may be one of them will have a positive outcome for me.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Emily. I've been reading your blog, and I'm sure you know this but you're going to have to fight for absolutely everything that you need, let alone what you want. Don't give up, keep fighting no matter how hard it gets because no one in the NHS is on your side, they're all about cuts and saving money. I really do wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it does seem like a prison, but at least in prison there are beds. Im surprised that they only treat you 3 days, and thats suppose to be helpful?
    I wish you better luck with the upcoming meetings

    ReplyDelete